In This Issue
2012 AHEN Board
Vic Rosenbaum, FACHE
Bill Sorrells, FACHE
ACHE Regent for Alaska
Vivian Echavarria, FACHE
Board of Directors
Karl Sanford, FACHE
Norm Wilder, MD, FACHE
Charlie Franz, FACHE
MAJ Stephen Williams, FACHE
Jay Gandy, MBA
Annie Holt, FACHE
NOTE: AHEN Bylaws were changed in February 2011 to allow the flexibility for new members coming from other Chapters to be able to serve on the Board.
National News - Fall 2012
Save the Date for the 2013 Congress on Healthcare Leadership: March 11–14 at the Chicago Hilton and Palmer House Hilton
ACHE’s Congress on Healthcare Leadership brings you the best in professional development, exceptional opportunities to network with and learn from peers, and the latest information to enhance your career and address your organization’s challenges in innovative ways.
Nearly 4,700 healthcare leaders attended the 2012 Congress on Healthcare Leadership. Join us in 2013 and experience the energy of an event that draws the top healthcare leaders from across the nation and around the world.
This premier healthcare leadership event provides:
- Education on current and emerging issues
- More than 140 sessions of practical learning from healthcare’s top leaders
- Opportunities to connect with your peers
- Career-enhancement workshops
The opening date for Congress registration and to reserve hotel accommodations is Nov. 13, 2012.
Tuition Waiver Assistance Program
To reduce the barriers to ACHE educational programming for members experiencing economic hardship, ACHE has established the Tuition Waiver Assistance Program.
ACHE makes available a limited number of tuition waivers to ACHE Members and Fellows whose organizations lack the resources to fund their tuition for education programs. Members and Fellows in career transition are also encouraged to apply. Tuition waivers are granted on the basis of financial need and are available for the following ACHE education programs:
- Congress on Healthcare Leadership
- Cluster seminars
- Self-Study Program courses
- Online seminars
- Online Tutorial (preparation for taking the Board of Governors Examination in Healthcare Management)
- ACHE Board of Governors Exam Review Course
All requests are due no earlier than 16 weeks and no later than eight weeks before the program date, except for ACHE self-study courses, which have quarterly application deadlines. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Recipients will be notified not less than six weeks before the program date. For ACHE self-study courses, applicants will be notified three weeks after the quarterly application deadline.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions document, which is attached. If you have additional questions about the program, please contact Teri Somrak, associate director, Division of Professional Development, at (312) 424-9354 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit ache.org/Tuitionwaiver.
Complimentary Resources for Members Seeking to Pass Board of Governors Exam
For Members starting on the journey to attain board certification, ACHE offers complimentary resources to help them succeed so they can be formally recognized for their competency, professionalism, ethical decision making and commitment to lifelong learning. These resources, which include the Exam Online Community, the Board of Governors Examination in Healthcare Management Reference Manual and quarterly Advancement Information webinars, are designed to be supplements to other available Board of Governors Exam study resources, such as the Board of Governors Review Course and Online Tutorial.
- The Exam Online Community is an interactive platform to learn and glean study tips from other Members taking the Exam. It also provides the opportunity to discuss Exam topics with experts and the option to participate in study groups. Interested Members may join the Exam Online Community at http://bogcommunity.ache.org.
- The Reference Manual, found at ache.org/FACHE, includes a practice 230-question exam and answer key; a list of recommended readings; and test-taker comments, study hints and tips.
- Fellow Advancement Information webinars provide a general overview of the advancement to Fellow process, including information about the Board of Governors Exam, and allow participants to ask questions about the advancement process. An upcoming session is scheduled for December 6. Register online at ache.org/FACHE.
Looking for Information About Health Reform?
The ACHE Healthcare Reform Resources section on ache.org is dedicated to helping you find resources to address reform challenges. Exclusively for ACHE members, the guide is intended to provide the knowledge and insight necessary to lead your organization through the challenges leaders face today. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, but rather an ever-evolving tool with regularly-updated resources to address your concerns, develop your skills and meet the demands of the changing environment.
To further facilitate browsing, the resources have been organized into 10 topic areas, including delivering accountable care, meeting clinical staffing demands, implementing IT solutions and more.
Access the guide today.