In This Issue
Immediate Past President
Keith Lundquist, FACHE
Dewane Pace, FACHE
Karl Hodges, FACHE
Judy Killebrew, FACHE
Tom Patrias, FACHE
Bill Perno, FACHE
(Membership Vice Chairperson)
(Program Vice Chairperson)
Message from the President - Fall 2012
A busy fall is ahead for the Central Florida Chapter. It was great seeing everyone at our August event "Career Positioning: Strategically Mapping Your Early Career Development." Many thanks to our panelists Sindy Cassidy (Right Management), Keith Lundquist (Lundquist Consulting), and Debra Leiper (Health First Viera Hospital) for sharing their wisdom, experience and good words of advice to take your career to the next level. A special thank you to Nemours for graciously hosting our chapter event and offering us a sneak peek at their beautiful new Medical City Hospital.
The Chapter Board has a new student member. Janell Smith joined the board as our new student representative. Janell is a graduate student seeking her Masters in UCF's Healthcare Administration program. Please join me in saying thank you to our past student representative, Eric Boehm, for his participation over the past year, and welcome to our new representative, Janell Smith.
Don't forget this fall, we will have our annual Fellow Advancement program to assist you in preparing for the Governors Exam. This year we are offering the program in two locations, Orlando and Viera. Our chapter advancement program is always a terrific opportunity to learn from other Central Florida Fellows how to best study and advance to Fellow status. We are fortunate to have Ken Peach back to lead the program at both locations. Please look for more information about the advancement program in the coming weeks.
As you look to plan out the remainder of your year, save the dates for our Central Florida chapter programs. Remember to check the chapter website for the most recent registration information. http://centralfl.ache.org/
1. October 2, 2012, Tuesday 5:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m. Sustaining a Financially Vibrant Healthcare Organization, Florida Hospital Orlando (Ginsburg Tower)
2. October 10, 2012, 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Annual Florida American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), Rosen Shingle Creek, Orlando
3. October 23, 2012, Tuesday 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., Board of Governor's Exam Review, Florida Hospital, Strategic Venture Group Office FRI Building, Orlando
4. October 25, 2012, Tuesday 7:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., Board of Governor's Exam Review, Viera Hospital, Viera
5. November 6, Tuesday 5:45 pm - 8:15 pm, The Healthcare Executive's Role in IT decisions: Health Information Exchange, Florida Hospital, Orlando. Note: Partnership with Central and North Florida HIMSS Chapter
Have a safe and productive fall and don't forget to mark your calendars now for our upcoming educational programs. Look forward to seeing you there.
Thank you for all you do for our profession.
2012 President, Central Florida Chapter of ACHE
Sustaining a Financially Vibrant Healthcare Organization, Florida Hospital Orlando (Ginsburg Tower)
October 2, 2012, Tuesday 5:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.
Fellow Advancement Prep Course
Are you planning to Advance to Fellow?
Are you planning to take the Board of Governors Exam?
The ACHE of Central Florida (local ACHE chapter) is offering an ACHE Fellows Advancement Preparation Course. The faculty/presenters are Fellows and members of the ACHE Central Florida Chapter.
Availability: Seating is limited.
Eligibility Requirements to apply to take the ACHE Board of Governors exam:
- Be a member of the ACHE.
- Master’s or other post-baccalaureate degree.
- Current healthcare management position and at least two years of healthcare management experience.
ACHE Fellows Advancement Preparation Course Florida Hospital Strategic Venture Group Office
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM (EDT)
Florida Hospital Strategic Venture Group Office - Orlando, FL
ACHE Fellows Advancement Preparation Course Viera Hospital
Thursday, October 25, 2012 from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM (EDT)
Viera Hospital - Viera, FL
The Healthcare Executive's Role in IT Decisions (HIE), Florida Hospital Orlando
November 6, 2012, Tuesday 5:45 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.
Please periodically check the ACHE of CF Website for updates and registration information.