|Message from the President - Winter 2013|
Calvin Coolidge once said, “Christmas is not a time, nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas”. How is your spirit this year?
The American College of Healthcare Executives of Central Florida (ACHECF) has a lot to celebrate and frankly, our spirit is alive and thriving. We have experienced our 2015 Vision, “Driving Awareness (of value), Maintaining Vitality (of programs and events), and Increasing Visibility (for stakeholders)” throughout the year in many accomplishments:
- 25% increase in events for members from Networking to Education venues over 2012!
- Membership Growth at Goal! Over 450active members and nearly 100 student associate members!
- Mentorship program through ACHECF with nearly 20 participants!
- Thriving Chapter with new leaders for 2014 with focus on a more Visible partnership with UCF, Advancing more members to Fellow status, Implementing diversity in our strategic plan, and starting our first Local Program Council in Lake County to name a few.
- ACHECF Annual Event Attendance at an all time high! Highest in Chapter history!
- Member satisfaction scores at their highest in 3-years!
- 1st Annual Volunteer Recognition event held last August!
- NEW ACHECF Website launching January 2014!
Special thanks to the Board of Directors for 2013, Judy Killebrew – Vice President/Membership Chair, Ann Corniel – Secretary / Treasurer, Jan Moysey – Past President, Jake Kirchner – Programs Chair, Alex Johnson – FL Eastern Regent, Janell Smith – Student Representative and Communications Chair, and Kim Wolff, our Chapter Administrative Assistant.
As our mission clearly expresses, we are here to grow together through promoting education, fostering professional and personal development, and tackling the issues of today with innovative solutions to bring world-class healthcare to our communities – this is our ACHECF purpose! I personally invite every member to engage with ACHE in 2014. There has never been a better time to advance ourselves for the cause of others. I am energized to be serving a second-term as your Chapter President and look forward to meet each of you this coming year.
Best wishes and many blessings for you and your family!
William P. Perno, FACHE