|Greetings from your Chapter President|
approach year-end, and the holiday season, it is an excellent time to reflect
on the past year. It has been an eventful year! The GCHEG Chapter has had a
busy year and led and partnered with many events throughout the year.
– Healthcare Policy in an Evolving Nation
– Mindful Leadership: Dealing with Heart and Mind for Healthcare Leaders
– Partnership with MedLink: Preventing Unnecessary ER Use
– ACHE Annual Congress on Healthcare Leadership
– GCHEG Annual Dinner: Diversity in Healthcare
- CSHSMD Spring Conference
– Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Annual Healthcare Summit
– GCHEG Summer Networking Event with the Charlotte Knights
– GCHEG Annual Strategic Planning Retreat
– Disruptive Innovation in Healthcare
– McGuire Woods Annual Southeast Healthcare Provider Conference
& 19 – ACHE Annual Chapter Leaders Conference
– FACHE Board of Governors Review Course
– Social Media in Healthcare
– GCHEG Annual Mentor Program Kickoff Dinner
– GCHEG Gall Networking Event at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
& 9 – Duke Endowment Rural Healthcare Summit
We hope you
had the opportunity to attend several events in 2017 and look forward to
hosting and partnering with even more organizations in 2018!
excited to announce the launch of our new Chapter
website. In conjunction with ACHE, we upgraded the website in September and
have seen a tremendous increase in functionality and traffic across the
Education & NetworkingWe are
rounding out our event schedule for the year and have two remaining events.
Please join us
at these events for some excellent dialogue and networking. Additionally, if
you are seeking credit for FACHE recertification, these will both offer 1.5 F2F
credits. (*Note: the 12/12 Innovation event is a repeat event from the August
event. If you attended in August, you have already received credit for this
credits? Check out some of our neighboring chapters for upcoming events offered
within a short drive.
How to Recertify
(login required) to learn when you are due to recertify. Please submit this
application no later than Dec. 31; include your Qualified Education credits and
your community/civic and healthcare activities. For more information, please
ACHE updateSave the
Date: 2018 ACHE Congress on Healthcare
Leadership - March 26 - 29, 2018 (Chicago, IL)
Want to get involved?
interest in presenting at a future event? Interested in serving on the board?
Opportunities to get involved with GCHEG are numerous – please reach out to me
or our President-Elect, Nehemie Owen (Nehemie.Owen@carolinashealthcare.org)
if you would like to discuss opportunities to serve the Chapter.
Thank youIt has been
an honor leading such an engaged and active Chapter. I feel privileged to be
part of GCHEG and ACHE and value the relationships made through both
organizations. Thank you for your support, membership, and time in 2017. I look
forward to another great year in 2018. Nehemie Owen will take over as Chapter
President in January – I assure you, you are in excellent hands under her
wonderful, safe, and restful holiday season,
Jon Myers, MHA, FACHE
2017 GCHEG President
Jon is the
Director of Business Operations, over the Emergency Department Service Line at Carolinas
HealthCare System’s Metro Group facilities.