|Healthcare Finance - For Non-Financial Healthcare Executives and Managers|
The University of Hawai'i at Manoa Shidler College of Business is offering a valuable and timely course in healthcare finance, supportive of a busy professional schedule. This information-abundant course enhances the healthcare leader's insight into the impact of decisions on the overall business, developing competencies to better predict healthcare business trends. Knowledge from this course will arm students with skills to link clinical growth and improvement strategies to financial data, and strengthen presentations in the executive board room.
The following are some of the fundamental learning targets of the course:
- Fundamental accounting and finance concepts
- Interpreting financial statements
- Using financial performance metrics for healthcare business decision-making
- Investment analysis, capital budgeting, and healthcare business risk analysis
- Cost/volume/profit relationships; fixed and variable costs, and breakeven levels
- Time value of money, financial ratio analysis, and opportunity costs
- Financing a healthcare business and alternative sources of capital
More detailed course information is available at the Shidler College of Business healthcare executive program website:
Hamid Pourjalali, Ph.D.
Professor of accounting, School of Accountancy, Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai'i at Manoa. Donald A. Corbin Distinguished Professor in Accounting
Benjamin Bystrom, MBA
Lecturer, Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai'i at Manoa, Faculty Advisor, Financial Management Association.
Terri Fujii, MOA, CPA
Audit Partner, CW Associates, Hawai'i
Wendi Barber, MBA
Vice President of Finance and CFO.
Park Ridge Health, North Carolina