|AONE Conference, 2015: Leadership in Action|
For the first time, the Hawai'i-Pacific Chapter of ACHE and the Hawai'i Chapter of the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) partnered together on the 2015 AONE Leadership Conference entitled, "Leadership in Action." This year's conference was held at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel in the Monarch ballroom. Members of both organizations benefited from the networking opportunity, education, picturesque ocean view, and excellent lunch entrees. While AONE members received up to 11.5 contact hours, ACHE members received 8.0 qualified education credits for a very low price.
Members of AONE and ACHE in record attendance network in the expansive
Royal Hawaiian ballroom
A star-studded keynote speaker cast with deep credentials and experience spoke on a variety of educational topics germane to the complex issues that compose the 2015 healthcare landscape:
- Karren Kowalski, PhD, RN, FAAN spoke on lessons and experiences in Vietnam
- Cole Edmonson, DNP, RN, FACHE spoke on Extreme Leadership and lessons learned from an Ebola outbreak at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital
- Karen T. Waxman, RN, CNL, CENP, CHSE spoke on integrating health care simulation into your educational strategy to enhance patient safety
- Gladys Campbell, RN, MSN, FAAN spoke about finding and using your voice and your involvement in the legislative process
- Patricia McFarland, MS, RN, FAAN spoke on finding common ground and strategies for leading change
- Patricia Cochrell, RN, MBA, NE-BC spoke about cultivating future leaders
- Capt. Rosanne Hartley, RN, BSN, MBA spoke on using delayed gratification to motivate people.
- Julie Kennedy, DNP, BSN, RN presented on inter-professional partnerships and their importance
The success of the conference and the natural synergy of the partnership will be another method in which valuable and high quality learning and networking experiences can be brought into the Pacific Island region. We look forward to the opportunity of partnering with AONE on this opportunity in 2016.
Patti Boeckmann, COO, Straub and President, Hawai'i AONE kicks off the conference