|In This Issue|
Gidget Ruscetta, BSN, MBA, FACHE
Darlena Chadwick, MSN, MBA, FACHE
Andrew Giles, MBA
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Micah Ewing, MBA, FACHE
CHAIR, GUAM LOCAL COUNCIL
Suzie So-Miyahira, MPH, MBA
Emiline LaWall, MA
James C. Lin, MD
Col Kara Gormont, BSN, HSMP-MHA, FACHE
Travis Clegg, FACHE, MBA
Nick Hughey, RN, MBA, FACHE
Laura Bonilla, BSN, MA, FACHECarolyn Voulgaridis, JD
|News & Committee Updates|
|Rachelle B. Gallegos, Student Representative|
Federal deadline to apply or reapply for FAFSA is June 30th. This is the best time to think about scholarships. As part of your ACHE Student Membership, Student Associates have full advantage to apply for two scholarships. Taking advantage of these scholarship will provide supplemental financial aid that will subsidize tuition costs and expenses.
Applications to these two scholarships are accepted between Jan. 1 and March 31, 2020!
Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship -This scholarship is available to minority students in healthcare management graduate programs. You are not required to be a Student Associate of the American College of Healthcare Executives. However, during the selection process, preference is given to applicants who are Student Associates of ACHE.
Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship- This scholarship is offered to provide financial aid to students in healthcare management graduate programs.
Offered annually, to students enrolled in their final year of a healthcare management graduate program. Each scholarship is worth $5,000.
- A minority student enrolled full-time in a healthcare management graduate program - MHA, MPH, MBA in Healthcare Administration or similar
- Entering your final year (fall/spring) of full-time study
- Anticipating graduation between Sept. 1, 2020 and Aug. 31, 2021
- Demonstrate financial need
- U.S. or Canadian citizen
- Not a previous recipient of this scholarship or the Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship
How to Apply
Include the following with your application:
Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three current letters of recommendation (one must be from your graduate program director)
- Application Essay including information on your;
- Reason for pursuing a career in healthcare management / your career aspirations and goals
- History in the field
- Financial need
- Community/Civic engagement and volunteerism
Good luck everyone! I commend you for your commitment and dedication in continuing to grow professionally and achieving your career goals.
|Save the Date|
SAVE THE DATE!