Board of Governors Exam Fee Waiver Promotion 2011
|National News - Spring 2011|
ACHE is pleased to offer once again the Board of Governors Exam fee
waiver promotion to ACHE Members who apply for the FACHE® credential
between March 1 and June 30. Members must submit their completed Fellow
application and $250 application fee during the promotion period.
Pending application approval, ACHE will waive the $200 Board of
Governors Exam fee. All follow-up materials (i.e., references) must be
submitted by Aug. 31, 2011, to receive the waiver.
For more information on the promotion, go to ache.org/FACHE.
Early Careerist Network E-Coupon Offers Savings Up to $300 on ACHE Education
Early Careerist affiliates under the age of 40 are automatically
part of the Early Careerist Network (ECN) Special Interest Group that
offers a complimentary package of resources for up-and-coming
professionals. The annual coupon program is one ECN benefit that offers
discounts on one of the following ACHE programs or services:
- $300 coupon toward one ACHE two-day management seminar
- $250 coupon toward one Online Tutorial session for the Board of Governors Exam
- $50 coupon toward one ACHE webinar
- $50 coupon toward ACHE’s Online Leadership Assessment
- $50 coupon toward ACHE’s Emotional Intelligence Assessment
Early Careerist affiliates can select their 2011 coupon at ache.org/ECN.
ACHE Call for Nominations for the 2012 Slate
ACHE’s 2011–2012 Nominating Committee is calling for applications for service beginning in 2012. All affiliates are encouraged to participate in the nominating process. ACHE Fellows are eligible for any of the Governor and Chairman-Elect vacancies and are eligible for the Nominating Committee and Regent at-Large vacancies within their district. Open positions on the slate include:
- Nominating Committee Member, District 1 (two-year term ending in 2014)
- Nominating Committee Member, District 4 (two-year term ending in 2014)
- Nominating Committee Member, District 5 (two-year term ending in 2014)
- Regent-at-Large, District 2 (three-year term ending in 2015)
- Regent-at-Large, District 4 (three-year term ending in 2015)
- Regent-at-Large, District 5 (three-year term ending in 2015)
- 4 Governors (three-year terms ending in 2015)
Please refer to the following district designations for the open positions:
- District 1: Canada, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont.
- District 2: District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia.
- District 4: Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas.
- District 5: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Candidates for Chairman-Elect and Governor should submit an application to serve, a copy of their resume and up to 10 letters of support.
Candidates for Regent-at-Large and the Nominating Committee should only submit a letter of self-nomination and copy of their resume. Applications to serve and self-nominations can be submitted by U.S. mail and postmarked between Jan. 1 and July 15. Mail applications to serve to: Charles R. Evans, FACHE, chairman, Nominating Committee, c/o Julie Nolan, American College of Healthcare Executives, 1 N. Franklin St., Ste. 1700, Chicago, IL 60606-3529. Materials also can be sent via e-mail to email@example.com or faxed to (312) 424-2828 by July 15.
The first meeting of ACHE’s 2011–2012 Nominating Committee will be held on Tuesday, March 22, 2011, during the Congress on Healthcare Leadership in Chicago. The committee will be in open session at 2:45 p.m. During the meeting an orientation session will be conducted for potential candidates, giving them the opportunity to ask questions regarding the nominating process. Immediately following the orientation, an open forum will be provided for ACHE affiliates to present and discuss their views of ACHE leadership needs. Following the July 15 submission deadline, the committee will meet to determine which candidates for Chairman-Elect and Governor will be interviewed in person on Oct. 27, 2011. All candidates will be notified in writing of the committee’s decision by Sept. 30, 2011.
To review the Candidate Guidelines, visit the Affiliates Only area of ache.org and select the “Candidate Guidelines” link on the left-hand side of the page. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Nolan at (312) 424-9367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.