|Outgoing President's Message|
This is my last newsletter as your outgoing Chapter President. It has been an honor and pleasure to serve and to get to meet and know so many of you. We have accomplished a lot as a chapter with increased membership, successful events such as the Nevada Health Care Forum, Golf Tournament, Holiday Mixers, and Meet the CEOs. We have won Chapter Awards together and helped students and the UNLV Healthcare Adminstration Program. There is much more that I would have like to accomplished including more on the career resource front, offering more Face-to-Face education, and other goals. I plan on staying involved with the Chapter, but admittedly am ready to help others take charge. I look forward to staying in touch with you all.
New Board and Chapter Planning
We are in the process of bringing a new board and volunteers on board and learning great ideas on how to move the Nevada Chapter forward. Jeremy Bradshaw, CEO of Desert Springs Hospital, is our incoming Chapter President. The Chapter Board will be meeting soon to approve a multi-year strategic plan that was developed this fall. Please contact Jeremy at firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas you have.
Your Plan for 2017
What would you like to accomplish with ACHE and your career this year. Get Fellow Status? Make that next career move? Anything else? ACHE represents a commitment to professional development and education for you and your organization. Thank you for making this investment. Please use ACHE and its career and job resources as you develop your own career plan. There is a lot going on in the Nevada Chapter. Please see a few of the highlights below and the articles elsewhere in this newsletter and get involved.
Get Involved in 2017
Please take advantage of one of these or other ways for you to get involved:
1. Attend a chapter event - See the upcoming events schedule.
2. Consider advancement to Fellow status - Take advantage of the special chapter reimbursement offer.
3. Recruit a member - Earn reward points redeemable for ACHE logo items or education.
4. Be a mentor or sponsor for an internship program with UNLV's Health Care Administration & Policy program or for other students interested in healthcare.
5. Volunteer to get involved with the chapter leadership on a committee or with the board.
6. Get career help - Check out ACHE's new CareerEdge program. Start by visiting www.ache.org
It has been an honor to serve the chapter. Best wishes in your professional and personal endeavors.
David J. Schweer, FACHE
President, ACHE-Nevada Chapter
Senior Director, Strategic Planning & Market Analysis, Dignity Health
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-846-7558