ACHE 2009 Chapter Member Needs Survey Results|
by Bob Byrd, FACHE
The results of ACHE’s Chapter Member Needs Survey are in. ACHE conducted the survey among all of its chapters during the Fall of 2009. For THEF, 131 members were surveyed, with 62 respondents. Overall, THEF fared well when compared to other chapters. Highlights are:
1) Familiarity with chapter activities and services - 58.3% of THEF respondents said that they were either somewhat familiar or completely familiar with chapter activities and services, compared with a mean score of 59.3% for all chapters.
2) Overall satisfaction – On a scale of 1 – 10, with 1 being very dissatisfied and 10 being very satisfied, THEF’s mean score was 7.53, compared to a mean score of all chapters of 6.93.
3) Chapter event attendance – 61.7% of THEF members responded that they attended at least one THEF chapter meeting/event during the last 12 months, compared to a mean score of 46.3% for all chapters. For attending two or more meetings/events, the scores were 35.0% and 26.7%, respectfully.
4) Receiving chapter emails – 94.9% of THEF members responded that they received emails from the chapter regarding chapter activities, compared to a mean score of 84.8% for all chapters.
5) Frequency of chapter emails – 93.0% of THEF members responded that they receive email communications at just about the right frequency, compared with a mean score of 80.2% for all chapters. 7.0% of THEF members said that the email communications are not often enough, compared to a mean score of 19.0% for all chapters. No THEF members responded that chapter email communications are too frequent, compared to a mean score of 0.8% for all chapters.
Thanks to all who responded to the survey. Your chapter leaders will use these results to better serve you in the future. If you would like the complete survey results, please contact Bob Byrd at email@example.com.