|In This Issue|
|2016 Board Members|
Katy Davis, MHA
Michelle Bednarek, MHA, CHC, CPhT
Brad Marino, MPH, FACHE
Lisa Pennington, FACHE, M.Ed., CCC-SLP
Immediate Past President
Garry Kauffman, MPA, FACHE, RRT, FAARC
Dave Jenkins, MA, MBA
Carol Vogt, Dr.P.H., MSN
The Key Components of a Career Plan
A strategic career plan should have these core components:
- Statement of your short- and long-term goals, clearly outlined but flexible based on the iterative process of building a plan to meet your needs, your employer's needs and the market's needs
- Concise but complete summary of:
- Your answers to the key questions in the CareerEDGE discovery process, including analysis of gaps between your needs and aspirations and the reality of your current situation and marketplace requirements.
- Your value proposition today, what you would like it to be (or what it needs to be) in the future and how this positions you to reach your goals
- Action steps to close gaps and achieve your goals, including:
- Market Research -- How do I stay informed?
- Learning Plan -- How do I stay relevant?
- Personal Marketing -- How do I build relationships?
- Managing Risk -- How do I anticipate change and eliminate career barriers?
- Maintaining Energy -- How do I stay motivated and positive?
- Managing Finances -- Can I afford my plan?
- Identifying Sources of Support -- Do I need a coach, mentor or advisor?
- Process to monitor progress, gain feedback and update the plan on an ongoing basis based on changing realities in the marketplace and changes in your thinking.
Source: Brasio, Michael A., CME, and Jay E. Schere, "What's Your Plan?," Healthcare Executive, November/December 2014.
To develop a more strategic career plan, check out ACHE's CareerEdge.
Are you looking for your next opportunity? ACHE's Job Center has lots of listings, both locally and nationally.
Building the Hospital of Tomorrow: Rehabilitate, Renovate, or Replace
September 29, 2016, 5:00pm-7:30pm
Wesley Long Hospital Education Center
For more information and to register, click here.
Welcome To Our Newest Members
We are excited to welcome the newest members of ACHE of the Triad: Bradley Jordan, Kim Nunnally, Laura Oaks, Charlotte Westcob, and Toby Williams. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming event!
Congratulations to our Recertified Fellows
Judith Clontz, FACHE; Erwin Stainback, FACHE; William Deskin, FACHE; Worth Saunders, FACHE Congratulations on your achievements and your commitment to your profession.