If you are interested in learning more about the various UHE committees or would like to join one (or multiple), please submit your information!
The networking committee is actively seeking more members; please email Lisa Vitkus for more information specific to the networking committee (email@example.com).
UHE Student Committee
Volunteers will be primarily involved in supporting events that will attract students and increase student involvement in UHE. Student volunteers will be members of the Student Committee of UHE and be called student liaisons.
Student Liaison Responsibilities:
- Encourage student participation in ACHE/UHE
- Assist in scheduling UHE’s annual Higher Education Network presentation on ACHE/UHE memberships to students within the universities healthcare administration or management program
- Assist the Student Section Chair in organizing and hosting events for students
- Identify ways UHE can provide support to students seeking mentoring, networking, and ongoing education to support their development
Student Ambassador Responsibilities: (One student from each university may serve as the lead for all student volunteers at the program)
- Attend UHE student section committee meetings and disseminate information to other student liaisons at the university
- Coordinate meetings to plan and organize UHE events on campus
- Serve as point of contact for student section chair to better understand needs of students
- Must be a current student associate member of ACHE in good standing
- Communication, leadership, and organizational skills
Student Committee Responsibilities within Utah Healthcare Executives:
- Assists with the Networking, Mentoring and Membership committees to improve professional relations between student members and local healthcare executives and provides assistance in planning events in conjunction with the university programs
- Arrange and/or present at annual Higher Education Network presentations in partnership with the Utah Regent
UHE Membership Committee
The membership committee has a wonderful opportunity available to UHE members. We are seeking additional volunteers to join as committee members to support increasing our chapter’s membership and retention levels. Membership within our Utah chapter opens great opportunities including education, networking, mentoring, etc. Our efforts to recruit and retain members directly impacts the chapter’s mission as well as opportunities available to UHE members. It will be time well spent! If you are interested in joining or have questions, please contact Dan Stoddard (firstname.lastname@example.org).