Webinar - EPA's Construction Stormwater Program: What the New Mandated Discharge Limits, Monitoring Requirements and Prescriptive E&S Controls Mean for Contractors
Tuesday, March 2, 2010 - 1:30 - 3:00pm ET
Prepare now for first-time nationwide discharge limits and monitoring requirements for construction site stormwater runoff. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has set a numeric limit for how clear the stormwater runoff from construction sites must be and "operators" of those sites that are subject to the numeric limit must monitor all of their stormwater discharges to show compliance. Penalties for violating these new federal requirements - called Construction and Development Effluent Limitations Guidelines (C&D ELG) - may reach $37,500 per day per violation.
Join AGC for this important webinar as EPA experts explain:
- When the C&D ELG will apply to "operators" of construction projects;
- The new numeric turbidity limit and discharge monitoring requirements;
- The mandatory erosion and sediment controls and pollution prevention measures for all sites required to obtain stormwater permit coverage; and
- The process by which EPA and state water permitting authorities are working to establish the details of how to sample stormwater from construction sites (through their respective NPDES construction general permits).
- A proposed first-time nation-wide rule that would restrict stormwater discharges from newly developed and redeveloped sites planned for November 2012.
In addition, AGC's outside legal counsel will discuss why the C&D ELG rule is likely to result in increased exposure of construction stormwater permittees to state and EPA enforcement actions. Webinar participants will also lean of AGC's response to recent national stormwater initiatives aimed at restricting stormwater runoff from construction sites.
For a detailed description of the program and to register online, click here. For content-specific questions, contact email@example.com. For registration-related questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR A PRINTABLE BROCHURE, CLICK HERE!
Return to Top