Volunteers Needed To Serve on the Steering Committee
Would you like to play a leadership role in AGC of America’s environmental advocacy, education and outreach efforts? AGC is seeking nominations for qualified and motivated individuals from the AGC Environmental Forum (previously called AGC’s Environmental Network) to serve on the Steering Committee for the Environmental Forum.
The AGC Environmental Forum allows all AGC members and Chapter staff who have an interest in construction-industry environmental issues to connect and interact with each other, keep pace with the latest environmental developments, and participate in the Association’s policymaking on environmental matters. AGC is in the process of selecting members to fill immediate openings on the forum’s Steering Committee. Interested AGC members who meet the criteria below would be invited to serve a three-year term on the forum’s Steering Committee, beginning at the conclusion of AGC’s 2011 Convention.
Specifically, AGC seeks Steering Committee members who meet the following guidelines:
- Knowledge and interest in environmental requirements and trends that impact construction activities in all markets (candidates are not required to be an expert on environmental issues, however, basic knowledge and strong interest is essential);
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise good judgment in consideration of competing association objectives;
- Breadth and depth of understanding and knowledge in the construction industry, AGC of America and beyond;
- Willingness to devote time and effort to the well-being of the construction industry.
The Steering Committee will serve several functions, including but not limited to:
- Oversee the activities of the forum and task forces;
- Make reports and recommendations on behalf of the forum to the Executive Board;
- Develop policy recommendations, meetings and other events regarding matters within the scope of the forum;
- Establish and sunset task forces within the forum.
Members of the Steering Committee have direct access to federal regulatory officials, influence over environmental policy, and a means to exchange valuable information with one another and industry peers.
Steering Committee members are expected to attend a yearly Steering Committee meeting held during the fall in Washington, D.C. No other travel is required during the year. Throughout the year, the Forum’s Steering Committee meets via conference call, as needed, to provide feedback and recommendations to AGC of America’s environmental staff. Information and ideas frequently are exchanged via email; Steering Committee members must have regular access to computers and the Internet and be willing to check their email for Steering Committee communications on a regular basis. Steering Committee members must be willing to commit, on average, 2 hours per month on Steering Committee conference calls, including discussing and voting in a timely manner on various issues. Steering Committee members also must be prepared to volunteer to oversee occasional tasks, including serving on task forces if needed.
Please send nominations and short bio or resume to Melinda Tomaino via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than, Thursday, March 31, 2011. Self-nominations are acceptable and encouraged.
Return to Top