Hotel Deadline Approaching for 2009 AGC Highway & Utility Contractors Issues Meeting
AGC's Highway & Utilities Contractors Issues Meeting will take place on November 13-14 in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., at the PGA National Resort. This meeting is the premier national event for contractors and related businesses involved in every aspect of highway and utility construction to hear about and discuss issues and trends in these markets. In order to secure the AGC rate of $179.00 a night you must make your hotel reservations by October 16, 2009!
AGC is honored to have Representative Earl Blumenauer (D-Ore.), a member of the House Ways and Means Committee, joining us to discuss the outlook for the surface transportation reauthorization and increased water infrastructure funding. Congressman Blumenauer is the primary sponsor of H.R. 3202, The Water Protection and Reinvestment Act of 2009, which establishes a Clean Water Trust Fund to address drinking and wastewater infrastructure needs with the goal of providing $10 billion annually for water infrastructure and related environmental improvements.
Congressman Blumenauer is also a major advocate for increasing Highway Trust Fund revenue to address transportation needs, and is currently working on legislation to provide tax credits for contractors to replace their off-road diesel powered vehicles to meet clean air requirements.
Utility Construction Specific Sessions:
Other featured speakers include:
- Representatives from software innovators Bentley and Autodesk will participate in a discussion showcasing how virtual design and construction is being used for highway and water projects. This forum will also feature a jobsite presentation from an experienced AGC contractor and will also include a representative from Caterpillar who will describe the latest developments integrating construction equipment into the BIM/VDC models.
- Kris Hoellen, Director of the Conservation Fund's Conservation Leadership Network, will discuss how the green construction movement is impacting highway & underground construction projects and how the construction industry and infrastructure can be a part of the solution to America's environmental challenges.
- Attorney John Mullen will report on the top legal decisions of the year that may impact your business.
Highway Specific Sessions:
- Karen Rae, Deputy Administrator, Federal Railroad Administration will present the Administration's high speed rail initiative and the construction opportunities that will result from this investment.
- Dave Ahlvers, State Construction Engineer with Missouri DOT, and Paul Steinman, Chief Engineer with Florida DOT, will discuss the use of contractor performance measures for prequalification, the latest design-build developments including a financing option, alternate bid items for selecting concrete or asphalt pavements, performance specifications, value engineering/ practical design and recycled materials in concrete and asphalt.
For registration, schedule, hotel, transportation and other information
Return to Top