Workforce Development, Open Shop, and Union Contractors Committees to Meet During AGCís 2006 Midyear Meeting
AGC of Americaís 2006 Midyear Meeting will be held from September 29 to October 1 in San Francisco, CA.† On Saturday, September 30, the Workforce Development Committee and Open Shop Committee will hold a joint meeting at 9:00 a.m.† Guest speakers Tim Horst of the Business Roundtable, Jeff Robinson of PAS, Inc., and Bob Gasperow of the Construction Labor Research Council will talk about various workforce development initiatives in the Gulf Coast region.
The Union Contractors Committee will meet later that day at 1:30 p.m.† The meeting will feature Terry OíSullivan, general president of the Laborersí International Union of North America.† The meeting will also include a report on collective bargaining settlements by Mr. Gasperow.†
In addition to labor issues, the Midyear Meeting will cover a variety of other topics to help ensure that AGC contractors are highly skilled, have the best information, and are well-connected.† Attendees at this yearís meeting will learn:
- about the latest economic trends from AGCís Chief Economist Ken Simonson;
- marketing techniques to attract new business;
- what you need to know about BIM (Building Information Modeling) to stay competitive;
- which candidates the AGC Political Action Committee plans to support in upcoming elections;
- how to make the most of the newest construction tax cut;
- and much more.
Additional information and registration are available online at www.agc.org/2006midyear.† Register by August 21 to take advantage of the early registration discount.
return to top ]