Upcoming AGC Convention to Include Several Labor & HR Sessions
Join AGC at the 88th Annual Convention and Expo in San Antonio, Texas, March 21 -24.†
The convention will feature top-notch speakers and sessions, such as an address by Newt Gingrich, an economic outlook with AGCís Chief Economist Ken Simonson, a two-day Estimating Academy, and a special session targeting contractorsí top questions about Green Building.† Among the hundreds of other topics to be covered are building information modeling, immigration, the future of the highway trust fund, and announcements of the nationís premier construction and safety awards programs.
Several sessions will deal with labor and human resource issues, such as:
- Open Shop Committee Meeting featuring a roundtable discussion of labor issues currently affecting open shop contractors that offers an opportunity for committee members, chapter staff, and others interested in open shop issues to share information, experiences, and concerns about whatís going on in their areas of the country.
- Union Contractors Committee Meeting featuring a presentation by Wayne Rice, director of the recently-launched Building Trades National Drug and Alcohol Program, plus updates from Ray Poupore, executive vice president of the National Construction Alliance (NCA), on NCA activities, and from Ralph Johnson on Construction User Roundtable Tripartite Initiative activities.
- Workforce Development Committee Meeting featuring a presentation by Charlie Ware, executive vice president of the Wyoming Contractors Association, on how to access public funds for chaptersí training programs, as well as an update on National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) activities by NCCER Vice President Steve Greene.
- War for Talent Sessions addressing Building Futures Councilís whitepaper that summarizes the broad range of issues and problems facing the A/E/C industry in recruiting and retaining top talent.
- Building Compensation Packages that Attract and Retain the Best and the Brightest Professional Development Session explaining how a carefully-crafted compensation package can help your company become an employer of choice and win the war for talent.
- Corporate Wellness Programs:† Keeping Your Employees Healthy Can Impact Your Bottom Line Professional Development Session explaining how a formal wellness program can substantially impact your companyís bottom line by reducing lost-time incidents and absenteeism while promoting a sense of well-being among employees.
Click here for more convention information or to register.
return to top ]