AGC's HR Network Changes Name to HR Forum
AGC of America’s HR Network is now known as the HR Forum. The HR Forum will continue to operate under its existing structure, allowing all AGC members and Chapter staff who have an interest in construction-industry HR issues to connect and interact with each other, keep pace with the latest construction HR developments, and participate in association policymaking on HR matters.
Following the example of AGC’s HR Network and Environmental Network – now known as the Environmental Forum – many AGC committees have begun transitioning to a similar structure that makes it easier for members to get involved and to manage their own level of participation and time commitment. For example, the Construction Education Committee, Supervisory Training Committee, and Workforce Development Committee have recently combined their efforts to form the Training, Education and Development Forum, also known as the TED Forum. Similarly, the Risk Management Committee and Surety Bonding Committee have transitioned to the Surety Bonding and Risk Management Forum. Other AGC forums include the new Lean Construction Forum and the long-standing BIMForum, to name a few.
Members of the HR Forum receive:
- A subscription to AGC’s Human Resource & Labor News electronic newsletter;
- The option to join AGC’s Human Resource Practices e-Forum electronic discussion group;
- An ID number enabling access to “members only” HR resources on the AGC Web site;
- Prompt notice of professional development programs, meetings, and other events covering HR issues; and
- Invitations to serve on task forces, sub-forums, and the HR Forum Steering Committee to help guide AGC in developing HR-related policy positions, publications, programs, and other member services.
Joining the HR Forum is free for members and chapter staff. To join, email Crystal Yates at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions or more information on AGC’s HR resources, contact Tamika C. Carter, PHR, at email@example.com.
Return to Top