Wage & Hour Division Responds to AGC's Request for More Davis-Bacon Compliance Assistance Resources
AGC recently met with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) acting administrator, Nancy Leppink, who is responsible for enforcing such laws as the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Davis-Bacon Act (DBA), and other laws that govern how wages are paid to workers. During the meeting, AGC explained that its members want to be in compliance with the law and asked Ms. Leppink for additional guidance and in-depth training for the often complicated and confusing wage laws, including the DBA. As a result, the agency informed AGC, in a follow-up letter, of a new resource to assist contractors: a video of WHD’s Prevailing Wage Conference.
For the past few years, the Prevailing Wage Conferences have been held, at no charge, in various cities throughout the country. AGC explained to Ms. Leppink that while the live sessions were valuable, they are not easily accessible by everyone, particularly in these budget-strained times.
AGC is pleased with the addition of this new resource, which includes video recordings of the following sessions at the conference:
- An overview of government contract laws
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- WHD’s enforcement of the Service Contract Act and its interaction with the DBA
- The SCA wage determination process
- DBA surveys, wage decision, and conformance process
- Overview of DBA definitions and the Contract Work Hours and Safety Act (CWHSSA)
- Overview of DBA and CWHSSA investigation procedures
- Interaction among various government contract laws and federal agencies
Each recorded segment includes a video recording of the live session with corresponding presentation slides. A follow-along transcript of the recording is also provided on the same screen. To access the recordings, click here. To download a copy of the presentation slides in their original format, click here. Additional resources on the DBA are available on AGC’s Labor & HR Topical Resources web page. (Select “Compensation” from the first pull-down menu and “Davis-Bacon Act” from the second.)
Return to Top