AGC to Hold Webinar on OFCCP’s New Veteran & Disabilities Rules Nov. 7
New AGC Manual Coming Soon
On Nov. 7, 2013, AGC will host a webinar on the Office of Contract Compliance Programs’ (OFCCP) recently announced final rules regarding veterans and individuals with disabilities. Both rules expand the affirmative-action obligations of direct federal contractors and their subcontractors with regard to the two protected groups. The webinar will be held at 2:00 p.m. EST.
The new rules update regulations under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (VEVRAA) and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Both rules will go into effect on March 24, 2014. The VEVRAA rule requires contractors to annually adopt a hiring benchmark of up to 8 percent. The Section 503 rule introduces a utilization goal for federal contractors and subcontractors of 7 percent per job category.
During the webinar, attorney and co-author of AGC’s Affirmative Action Manual for Construction will highlight the changes between the current requirements and the new ones, as well as answer the following questions for attendees:
- What are the differences between the existing, proposed and final regulations?
- What are the required five new data points on veteran and disabled applicants and hires and how should they be collected and maintained?
- What are OFCCP’s new expanded recordkeeping requirements?
- Are there new outreach and training requirements?
- How should my company implement OFCCP’s new pre- and post-offer requirements for self-identification as a veteran or disabled?
- What are OFCCP’s enforcement practices?
- How are these two rules applicable to my construction company?
- What else is on the horizon from OFCCP?
Webinar registrants will also be able to co-order AGC’s new Affirmative Action Manual for Construction – 3rd Edition for a special discounted price of $30. The manual is currently being revised to incorporate the new regulatory changes and will soon be available for general sale through AGC’s online bookstore.
For more information or to register, visit www.agc.org/OFCCPwebinar.
Return to Top