10 Reasons to Attend AGC’s 2017 Construction HR and Training Professionals Conference
Each October, construction industry professionals in HR, training and workforce development gear up for the industry’s premier learning and networking event, AGC’s Construction HR & Training Professionals Conference, and this year is no different. The 2017 event will be held Oct. 11-13 at the Hyatt Regency Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona. Here are the top 10 reasons to attend this year’s event.
- The pre-conference and interactive Strategic Management Workshop, sponsored by FMI, will help participants understand their firm’s top business challenges and align HR and training with strategic corporate goals. This year’s session, “How to Get a Seat at a C Suite Table” presented by Andrew Patron and Sal DiFonzo, will identify proven succession planning tactics, discuss proactive talent development approaches, define compensation concepts, and facilitate industry thinking around organizational development.
- This year’s conference has been pre-approved for 7.25 recertification credits toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). For those who are SHRM-certified, inputting sessions manually is a great option for obtaining credit toward your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Just print and maintain a copy of the conference agenda for future reference.
- Sessions for training professionals will cover the most cutting-edge techniques in training and development currently in use and envisioned for the future of the industry while the HR-related sessions will help HR professionals in the industry remain up to date and compliant with employment laws and best practices.
- Training and workforce development professionals will appreciate sessions on “Creating Internal Subject Matter Experts: The Key to Training Success”, “The Change Order: Rethinking Training and Development”, and “Training Your Next Generation of Leaders & Creating a Winning Succession Plan.”
- HR professionals will appreciate sessions on the “On the Top of Camelback Mountain, Or Headed to the Desert Floor? Labor & Employment Law in Year One of The Trump Administration”, “Re-Thinking Recruiting in the Construction Industry: Best Practices and Trends in 2017”, “Health Care for Contractors: Lessons in Managing Risk and Costs”, “New Challenges in Workplace Drug Abuse”, and “The Big Pay Disconnect. Yes, Money Matters.”
- Lunch on Thursday isn’t just lunch – it’s a roundtable discussion! Pre-register for one of six roundtable lunch discussion tracks to talk through specific challenges faced by construction training and HR professionals today, with timely, effective and proven solutions.
- There will be great networking opportunities, including the HR and TED Forums Networking Dinner Wednesday evening and a reception Thursday evening which are both open to all attendees.
- Not to be missed this year are the Conference’s four anchor sessions. During the opening session of the conference, innovation and creativity guru Jeff Tobe, author of Coloring Outside the Lines, will kick off the conference with his session on the “Four Pillars of Engagement.” Derrick Duplessy, the founder of the Purpose Rockstar podcast and Executive Director of the Duplessy Foundation, will close the first day of the conference with his session on self-discovery, exploring how attendees can maximize their potential as humans. On the final day of the conference, Andy Patron of FMI will unveil and moderate a panel discussion on the results of their 2017 Talent Development survey of leading construction firms. And to close out the conference, Seniye Groff & Tim Sissel from Fortis Construction will discuss building an on boarding program from the ground up. This session will be informative for anyone trying to identify performance gaps and devise an organizational solution that uses process and training solutions to the table.
- Learn about products and services that are uniquely catered for use by construction training and HR professionals in the conference exhibit hall. This year’s exhibitors are BirdDog HR, NCCER, PAS Inc., and FMI. Breakfast on Thursday and Friday will showcase demos of products and services offered by some of our sponsors.
- Take advantage of the $100 early-bird discount when registering before September 11.
See full session descriptions, schedule, and registration information at www.agc.org/hr_ted or contact Claiborne Guy at email@example.com or Carly Trout at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Top