January 18, 2010
Employment positions in this issue's classifieds include an Executive Director; an Executive Director, Operations; and a Chief Operations Officer!
Standards Available for Public Comment
The APTA Standards Program is accepting public comment through Feb. 11 on 10 documents covering Bus Rapid Transit, accessibility, and security issues.
The specific documents under consideration are:
* Recommended Practice for BRT Operations;
* Recommended Practice for BRT Intelligent Transportation Systems;
* Recommended Practice for BRT Running Ways;
* Recommended Practice for BRT Service Design;
* Recommended Practice for BRT Branding, Imaging, and Marketing;
* Standard for Gap Safety Management;
* White Paper: Random Inspections of Carry-On Items in Transit Systems;
* Fencing Systems to Control Access to Transit Facilities;
* Security Lighting for Transit Passenger Facilities; and
* Security Lighting for Transit Nonrevenue Facilities.
To submit comments, click here.
In addition, the standards program officially published 18 standards on Jan. 8: 12 on security, four on bus, and two on sustainability and urban design. Specific information about these documents can be found on the APTA Standards web site.