|Call for Sustainability Presentations|
The APTA Sustainability Committee invites all APTA members to submit abstract proposals by May 6 for presentations at the 2011 Sustainability and Public Transportation Workshop, July 31-Aug. 2 in Los Angeles. The theme of this year’s workshop is "The Value of Sustainability: Increasing Quality, Efficiency, and Community Benefits in an Ever-Changing Environment.”
Suggested topics include:
* Sustainable Planning, Policy, and Community Development: Focus on partnerships for sustainable, healthy, and livable communities, joint development, sustainable practices in transportation planning, land use, and urban design.
* Green Design, Materials, and Infrastructure: Focus on integrating sustainability into construction projects and mitigating environmental impacts.
* Sustainable Operations: Focus on energy-efficient, environmentally sound, and socially responsive practices in transit operations and maintenance (including the role of new technologies and energy-efficient fleets).
* Sustainable Business Practices: Focus on sustainable business practices in such areas as manufacturing, procurement, and project management.
* Sustainable Organizations: Focus on sustainable practices and design in organizations, including green offices, workforce engagement, performance metrics, and sustainability reporting.
Members can also submit topic ideas outside these areas. The Call for Presentations forms are available online. Submit proposals to Rich Weaver.
|» The Rochester-Genesee Regional Transportation Authority in Rochester, NY, is looking for a new chief executive officer. [More]|
|» The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking a deputy director, rail transit, for the PATH system. [More]|
|View more Classified Ads »|
|TO PLACE AN AD: E-mail or fax the requested date(s) of publication to: firstname.lastname@example.org or FAX to (202) 496-4898. Mailing address is: Passenger Transport, 1666 K Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006.
Ad copy is not accepted by phone. DEADLINE: Noon, Monday, one week prior to publication date. INFORMATION: Phone (202) 496-4819.|