Ninth Annual Women in Eye and Vision Research Luncheon
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Janine Austin Clayton, MD, FARVO, director of the Office of Research on Women’s Health at the National Institutes of Health, will be the keynote speaker at the Ninth Annual Women in Eye and Vision Research (WEAVR) Luncheon on Tuesday, May 9. Clayton, an ophthalmologist and an ARVO Silver Fellow, will speak on the topic of sex as a biological variable (SABV).
The WEAVR Luncheon will also include a networking component for attendees, as well as recognize the recipients of the 2017 WEAVR-funded travel grants and the Developing Country Eye Researcher Travel Fellowships. All proceeds from the event support travel grants and fellowships for female scientists.
Advance ticket purchase is recommended, as on-site sales are not guaranteed:
MIT/nonmember trainees: $40
Table sponsorship (10 seats): $1,000
Attendees of all genders are welcome to attend. Learn more about the event, and how to purchase tickets and table sponsorships.
Thank you to our table sponsors:
- Nicolas Bazan, MD, PhD, FARVO, and Haydee Bazan, PhD, FARVO
- Emily Y. Chew, MD, FARVO, and Robert P. Murphy, MD
- Harvard Medical School Department of Ophthalmology, Mass Eye and Ear (2 tables)
- Kellogg Eye Center
- University of Utah Moran Eye Center
- Schepens Eye Research Institute
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Wills Eye Hospital