Bernard J. Beazley Chair in Health Law and Policy
Loyola University Chicago School of Law, a well established urban Jesuit law school is currently seeking candidates to fill its recently created chair in health law and policy, named in honor of law school alumnus and donor Bernard J. Beazley.
This twelve month position will entail an appointment to an endowed chair to be made at the level of full Professor of Law.
The responsibilities of the Bernard J. Beazley Chair include:
1) Scholarly research and publication;
2) Teaching courses in health law and policy and related areas of individual expertise;
3) Participation in faculty governance;
4) Active involvement in student mentoring and counseling;
5) Engagement with faculty on health law and policy matters both within the School of Law and throughout the University;
6) Together with other chairs and senior faculty, providing leadership for integrative research activities; and
7) Significant engagement with academic institutions and professional organizations in health law and policy, including frequent participation in meetings and symposia.
The qualifications required for the Bernard J. Beazley Chair are:
1) Juris Doctor degree (J.D.);
2) Broad recognition for scholarly distinction in a recognized area of health law and policy;
3) Established publication record in health law and policy;
4) Clearly developed long term research agenda; and
5) Extensive teaching experience.
Additional valued qualifications include:
1) Significant practice experience in health law and policy or related area;
2) Strong commitment to social justice issues; and
3) History of active engagement with legal practice groups in areas related to health law and policy.
Interested candidates should submit an application at www.careers.luc.edu. At that location they should provide:
1) A letter of interest highlighting experiences and accomplishments relevant to the position,
2) A current curriculum vitae
3) Names of and contact information regarding three professional references.
For further inquiries, please contact the search committee at Swalle1@luc.edu. Review of applications will begin in the fall and continue until the position is filled.
For further information about Loyola University Chicago, consult: www.LUC.edu. Loyola University Chicago, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to diversifying its faculty.