AWI e-briefs - 05/07/2009 (Plain Text Version)
View Graphical Version
AWI chapters are involved in workforce and other industry issues on many levels. Check out recent noteworthy activities, including chapter anniversaries.
* The AWI Wisconsin Chapter has donated $2,000 for scholarships to the Madison Area Technical College in Wisconsin for its Cabinetmaking & Millwork students. Good job!
* The AWI Central PA Chapter has developed a postcard for use in its communications efforts that may be replicated by AWI chapters with their logo. For nominal fee information and a sample, contact Chapter President Gary Astles at g.astles@comcastnet.
* Happy Anniversary to the following AWI Chapters! AWI Chicago – April 22, 1965; AWI Great Lakes – May 7, 1971.
* Thank you to Chapter President, Kristine Cox , Rowland Woodworking, Inc., and the entire Carolinas Chapter for all your hard work and support during the recent AWI Spring Development Seminar in Charlotte, NC.
* AWI Chapters Involved in SkillsUSA Cabinetmaking Competitions: AWI Carolinas; AWI Central PA Chapter, AWI Wisconsin. Keep up the good work supporting the workforce of tomorrow!
The SkillsUSA Wisconsin Cabinetmaking Competition held on April 22 in Madison drew 34 student participants, each building their own cabinet. Supporters for this year included: A & K Handyman Services; AWI Wisconsin Chapter; Endeavor Hardwoods; Jaeckle Distributors; Walzcraft; Wisconsin-Built; and Woodcraft of Madison. The chapter donated six copies of the AWI Quality Standards Illustrated as prizes for the High School and Post-Secondary winners. They also held their chapter meeting in conjunction with the event, allowing a large delegation of Manufacturing Members to experience the Skills event for the first time. See attached for images of the event.
[Return to top]