AWI e-briefs - 04/21/2011 (Plain Text Version)
View Graphical Version
Trade Shows / Industry Forums
AWI Members to Receive Discount at AWFS® Fair
All members of AWI will once again be eligible to receive a 10% discount on any of the 46 AWFS® Fair College of Woodworking Knowledge (CWWK) educational seminars, July 20-23 in Las Vegas, NV.
Sessions range from one and a half hour presentations and two-hour panels to three-and four-hour lecture/demos and an all-day Lean Manufacturing workshop. Seminars include the popular SMART programs (Special Machinery and Relevant Technology) that take place on the exhibit floor before the show opens in the morning. The SMARTs focus on technical information, new technology and machine processes.
Don’t miss these other show events:
- A new education track debuts at the 2011 show. Shops Ten and Under features topics specific to shops with ten or less employees.
- The Green Desk – Back in 2011, this is an Ask-the-Expert, drop by counter where you can ask questions related to sustainable programs, green building certifications, achieving LEED® credits and more. The desk will be hosted throughout the show by environmental organizations and trade associations with sustainability programs.
- The smartSHOP – An exhibit hall attraction demonstrating "Simplicity in Automation for the Small Shop," throughout the course of the show, led by industry expert, Gero Sassenberg and others.
- The Furniture Society convenes its 2011 annual conference in conjunction with the AWFS®Fair. Stop by their booth to see member works and look for TFS-related activities.
- Cabinet Makers Association hosts a networking event open to all attendees with time for meeting and chatting as well as some serious problem solving.
- The Belt Sander Races are back and a great way to unwind at the end of a foot-weary trade show day!
- The Fresh Wood student competition –always a crowd pleaser with lots of wood eye candy.
Online registration for the CWWK seminars is open. To take advantage of the discount when registering online, members must fill in their association name and Code. The Code Number for AWI is: AW4323
[Return to top]
To register online or for more information on the AWFS®Fair, go to www.AWFSfair.org.