AWI e-briefs - 07/21/2011 (Plain Text Version)
View Graphical Version
Last Chance to Nominate an Honorary Life Member
AWI is currently inviting nominations for the high distinction of Honorary Life Member. Do you know someone who should be recognized? July 31st is the deadline for nominations.
Honorary Life Members are individuals who have contributed exemplary service to the association, its’ members, and AWI’s Mission as deemed by his/her peers.
Any current or retired owner or employee of an AWI Manufacturing or Supplier Member in good standing is entitled to nominate an individual for the distinction of Honorary Life Member. Nominations will be made and presented to the AWI Board of Directors. A majority vote by a quorum of the AWI Board of Directors is required for election to the position of Honorary Life Member.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR HONORARY LIFE MEMBER
Nominees must meet the following qualifications:
- A current or retired AWI member in good standing.
- 25 years of membership in AWI.
- 15 years of voluntary service to AWI.
- All Past Presidents 10 years removed from office are automatically nominated.
- An individual who may not have met above qualifications but has demonstrated superior leadership and championed the Mission of AWI.
- All Rinehimer Award recipients are automatically elevated to the distinction of Honorary Life Member.
An Honorary Life Member of AWI shall receive the following:
- Gratis Lifetime Individual Membership entitling recipient to all regular Manufacturing Membership mailings, meeting announcements, electronic communications and other benefits as might be determined by the AWI Board of Directors.
- Recognition in the roll of AWI members.
- Continuous Honorary Life Membership until death.
- Entitlement to attend AWI events where attendance fees are charged at a reduced rate. (Discount equal to 50% or maximum $200.00 attendance fee for Honorary Life Member. This same discount can be used to bring a spouse/guest.)
- The Honorary Life Members will be awarded at the AWI Annual Convention.
The deadline for nominations is July 31, 2011. Click here to complete a nomination form.
[Return to top]