|September 16, 2020
Launch of ‘Health Worker Safety: A Priority for Patient Safety’ Charter
WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the press briefing:
* One of the keys to keeping patients safe is keeping health workers safe.
* The COVID-19 pandemic has reminded us of the vital role health workers play to relieve suffering and save lives.
* Globally, around 14% of COVID-19 cases reported to WHO are among health workers, and in some countries it’s as much as 35%.
* Every day, health workers are exposed to stress, burnout, stigma, discrimination and even violence.
* To mark World Patient Safety Day, WHO is launching a charter on health worker safety, which we invite all countries, hospitals, clinics and partners to endorse and implement.
* Now more than ever, we have a duty to give health workers the safe working conditions, the training, the pay and the respect they deserve.
Listen and download: https://who.canto.global/b/TECMT
World Patient Safety Day 2020 assets: https://who.canto.global/v/PatientSafetyDay/landing?viewIndex=0
COVID-19 assets: https://who.canto.global/v/coronavirus
< Previous Article | Next Article >
[ return to top ]
ensure delivery of Maine Medicine Weekly Update,
please add 'email@example.com' to your email address book or Safe Sender List.
If you are still having problems receiving our communications,
see our white-listing page for more details: http://www.commpartners.com/website/white-listing.htm
For more information or to contact us directly, please visit www.mainemed.com | ©