|June 19 - June 26
Associated Press: Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated
Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine.—full story
· “Breakthrough” infections in fully vaccinated people accounted for fewer than 1,200 of more than 853,000 COVID-19 hospitalizations. That’s about 0.1%.
· And only about 150 of the more than 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May were in fully vaccinated people. That translates to about 0.8%, or five deaths per day on average.
· Deaths in the U.S. have plummeted from a peak of more than 3,400 day on average in mid-January, one month into the vaccination drive.
· About 63% of all vaccine-eligible Americans — those 12 and older — have received at least one dose, and 53% are fully vaccinated, according to the CDC.
· In Arkansas, which has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the nation, with only about 33% of the population fully protected, cases, hospitalizations and deaths are rising.
· In the St. Louis area, more than 90% of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 have not been vaccinated.
Other COVID-19 News:
< Previous Article | Next Article >
[ return to top ]
ensure delivery of Maine Medicine Weekly Update,
please add 'firstname.lastname@example.org' to your email address book or Safe Sender List.
If you are still having problems receiving our communications,
see our white-listing page for more details: http://www.commpartners.com/website/white-listing.htm
For more information or to contact us directly, please visit www.mainemed.com | ©