|Maine Medicine Weekly Update
August 06, 2021
Registration Open for MMA’s 168th Annual Membership Meeting (Sep 10-12)
When the COVID-19 pandemic stalled travel and eliminated in person meetings, MMA leaders quickly adjusted and took the 2020 meeting online. The 2020 MMA Virtual General Membership Meeting took place in mid-October.
The 2021 Annual Membership Meeting will be hybrid model at the Jordan Hotel and Conference Center in Newry, Maine (Sunday River) on Friday, September 10, through September 12.
We know many members are ready to gather in person for timely and useful information from experts and participate in discussions that allow for detailed questions, informal learning from colleagues and peers in a social setting, and generally catching up with friends or making new ones.
MMA leadership and staff continue to work with resort staff to ensure a safe experience in accordance with current pandemic guidelines. For those who are not comfortable gathering for meetings, we will make key portions of the meeting available remotely.
The theme of the Annual Session is, “Equality, Equity, and Our Evolving Health Care System” and the CME Program will focus on this theme with a keynote presentation by “Bowtie” Todd Jenkins, Ph.D. entitled, Moving from Diversity to Inclusion. You can learn more about “Bowtie” Todd’s life and work at www.bowtieleadership.com.
What we’re looking forward to:
· The meeting will open on Friday evening with a casual reception and BBQ dinner followed by ‘smores around the fire pits.
· The General Membership meeting and CME Program will take place through early afternoon on Saturday.
· Saturday afternoon activities also will include an optional MICIS opioid prescribing presentation and a meeting of the Maine Society of Anesthesiologists.
· MMA Past Presidents will have a reception in their honor on Saturday afternoon and all attendees will gather for a reception and Awards Dinner on Saturday evening.
· The Awards Dinner will feature presentation of the President’s Award for Distinguished Service and the Mary Floyd Cushman, M.D. Award for Distinguished Humanitarian Service, and the inauguration of the 169th President of the Maine Medical Association. President Karen Saylor, M.D. will pass the gavel and present the Presidential Medal to Jeffrey Barkin, M.D., President-Elect.
· Following a family breakfast on Sunday morning, the closing CME session will be an open forum for discussion of the issues and ideas raised during the presentations on Saturday.
· Recreational opportunities include yoga on both Saturday and Sunday mornings, a group hike and wine tasting on Saturday afternoon, and spa treatments available throughout the weekend.
< Previous Article | Next Article >
[ return to top ]
ensure delivery of Maine Medicine Weekly Update,
please add 'email@example.com' to your email address book or Safe Sender List.
If you are still having problems receiving our communications,
see our white-listing page for more details: http://www.commpartners.com/website/white-listing.htm
For more information or to contact us directly, please visit www.mainemed.com | ©