Maine Medicine Weekly Update - 02/19/2020 (Plain Text Version)
In this issue:
Maine Suicide Prevention Program Training for Clinicians
MMA continues to partner with the Maine Suicide Prevention Program to offer training for clinicians.
The Maine Suicide Prevention Program, administered by NAMI-Maine, offers the following suicide prevention, assessment and management trainings. MMA works closely with NAMI-Maine to provide educational opportunities for Maine physicians and other clinical providers.
If you have needs not identified in the above list, please contact Gretchen, NAMI Maine Suicide Prevention Coordinator, to discuss a customized training program.
The Maine CDC and Sweetser are offering free online Suicide Prevention Training Modules!
Enrolling is easy. There are 12+ courses available at no charge. Download the flyer with enrollment info here.
· Columbia Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS)
· Depressive Disorders in Children and Adolescents
· Collaborative Assessment & Management of Suicidality (CAMS)
· Safety Planning Intervention for Suicide Prevention
· Suicide Risk Factors, Screening and Assessment