Presenter Michael Ferguson takes a look at energy consumption in your LIHTC properties and explains how you can save money and resources by benchmarking, using water conservation methods and lighting retrofits.
The webinar focused on reduction of consumption of water and electricity in multifamily housing through the implementation of solutions that are simple and effective and — best of all, low-cost — to get you into the game. With achievements under your belt, you will learn how to notch up your investment to the next tier of measures that yield even more savings. Topics include:
- Baseline — start to measure your success
- Benchmark — compare to identify the hogs and angels — start with the hogs!
- Tools to make it easier
- Why water?
- Get started: Aerators and shower heads — What products work?
- Measure and verify the impact/savings — Get excited!
- Toilet replacement: Higher investment means higher payback — What products work?
- Savings calculator
- Case study
- Why lighting?
- Low-cost solutions — Light bulb replacement
- Fixture replacement — Bi-level lighting in common areas
- Look to local utility funding programs for full or partial funding
HCCP designation holders and HCG members may purchase the replay at this link.
NAHB members and non-NAHB members may purchase the replay at this link.
- A Message from the Chairman
- An In-Depth Look
- HCCP Board of Governors Spotlight
- HCCP Spotlight
- HCCP News
- Association Resources