NAHU News - 06/19/2012 (Plain Text Version)
View Graphical Version
NAHU's Convention: There's an App for That
NAHU is pleased to present Annual Convention attendees and exhibitors with the exciting new AC 2012 Mobile App, which is designed to enhance the convention experience and provide valuable information for all smartphone users.
Here are some of the features you'll enjoy if you download NAHU's free AC 2012 app:
• The Dashboard keeps you organized with up-to-the-minute exhibitor, speaker and event information.
• About 2012 NAHU Annual Convention keeps all your event information in one place.
• My Schedule organizes your schedule with one click.
• Alerts allow you to receive important real-time communications from NAHU.
• You can keep up with industry news on LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
• There is a built-in Twitter feed so you can join in on the show chatter.
• You can rate the sessions you attend and comment on them.
• You can connect with colleagues using the Friends feature.
• You can share event photos and experiences with the Photo Gallery.
• You can see maps of the hotel and exhibit hall.
• You can learn more about companies exhibiting at the convention.
The app is a native application for iPad, smartphones (iPhone and Android) and a hybrid web-based app for Blackberry. To download this free app, go to your application marketplace and search “NAHU.” Depending on your smartphone, you may need to use your email address and the password “na30” to access the app.
NAHU in the News
NAHU was featured in more than 650 news stories last month, reaching an audience of 568 million people. You can access the major stories, including articles from Yahoo! News, WebMD blog, Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Fox Business, Business Week, Congressional Quarterly, Employee Benefit Adviser, LifeHealthPro, and Broker World, on the NAHU in the News webpage. [return to top]
Upcoming Educational Events
NAHU's Online Learning Institute is hosting two upcoming webinars:
The Four Steps to Becoming a 21st Century Agency
July 11 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern
Click here to register.
Steps to Cross-Selling Voluntary Benefits
July 25 at 4:00 p.m. Eastern
Click here to register.
Also, there is still time for summer RHU and REBC enrollment. If you sign up for these, or any of our Huebner School courses, using the promo code NAHU12, you will receive an additional $100 discount off each course. Use this form to sign up now. [return to top]
Use UPS and Win!
UPS has teamed up with the NAHU to offer eligible members the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a $500 Apple gift card!
Here's how it works: Sign up for a new UPS account by July 5 and receive one entry into the sweepstakes. Click here to see the official rules.
Don't forget, you can save big every day with UPS. Through our partnership, you have exclusive access to the UPS Savings Program, which provides NAHU members up to a 26% discount on shipping. [return to top]