- NAHU joined the Partnership for America's Health Care Future, an industry coalition to advocate on behalf of preserving employer-provided health coverage and opposing efforts to enact “Medicare for All” or similar single-payer programs.
- The Senate voted 99-1 to pass its opioids relief legislation. It will need to be conferenced with the House-passed version, but is expected to be sent to President Trump in the coming weeks.
- Members of the bipartisan Senate health care price transparency working group introduced draft legislation aimed at addressing surprise medical billing at the federal level, adding onto the growing list of state legislative efforts on the issue.
- The Senate voted 98-2 to pass S. 2554, the Patient Right to Know Drug Prices Act, joining S. 2553 and H.R. 6733, parallel legislation addressing pharmaceutical gag clauses introduced as part of the White House’s America First prescription drug initiative.
- If you missed yesterday’s NAHU member-exclusive Compliance Corner webinar on COBRA, you can view a recording here.