- The Trump Administration provided four waiver concepts for states to consider as part of the State Relief and Empowerment Waivers, including NAHU-supported procedures for setting up state reinsurance programs.
- CMS introduced an enhanced direct-enrollment pathway for consumers to apply for and enroll in coverage directly through an approved issuer or web-broker.
- NAHU is seeking stories about how your clients may have been affected by balance-billing as part of ongoing federal and state legislative efforts to address the issue.
- Congress is focusing its lame-duck session on appropriations legislation as federal funding is due to expire next Friday, potentially causing a government shutdown. NAHU, along with our coalition partners and legislative leaders, are continuing to advocate a further delay of the Health Insurance Tax through 2020 as part of any other end-of-year legislative package.
- Registrations are still available for next Thursday’s NAHU member-exclusive Running Your Business webinar on transitioning to a fee-based business.
- The IRS issued Notice 2018-94, which will extend the information-reporting due dates under section 6055 and 6056 from January 31, 2019, to March 4, 2019.