- President Trump announced a deal with Congressional leaders that would reopen the government through February 15, to give lawmakers time to negotiate a longer-term agreement. The announcement came after the Senate voted 52-44 and 50-47
on competing legislation to reopen the government, both failing to
reach the 60-vote threshold for cloture. NAHU remains concerned about
the impact of the continued partial government shutdown on the
consideration of our legislative priorities.
- Bipartisan legislation was introduced in the House to permanently repeal the Cadillac Tax.
- Bipartisan legislation was introduced in the Senate that would provide for a two-year delay of the ACA’s Health Insurance Tax through December 2021.
- At the request of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), President Trump indefinitely postponed the State of the Union Address, originally scheduled for next Tuesday, January 29, until a mutually agreeable date can be found.
- NAHU Vice President of Government Affairs Marcy M. Buckner will hold a special LIVE from NAHU webinar event, “State of the Union…and Health Policy,” on February 7 at noon Eastern.