- NAHU presented testimony at the National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ spring meeting on how NAHU is relaying information to agents and beneficiaries on changes to the Medicare supplemental marketplace on January 1, 2020, as a result of MACRA.
- NAHU recommended that the Trump Administration delay implementation of its prescription drug rebating rule and consider value of rebates and how they are used and distributed.
- The Senate “Medicare for All” legislation was introduced with the support of 14 co-sponsors. NAHU will continue our active campaign to oppose this legislation with our coalition, the Partnership for America’s Health Care Future.
- The 5th Circuit Appellate Court scheduled oral arguments to begin the week of July 8 for the Texas v. U.S. case challenging the constitutionality of the ACA. The appeal challenges the lower court ruling invalidating the entire ACA due to the zeroing of the individual mandate penalties.
- Applications are now open for NAHU members seeking to serve on the Legislative Council, Media Relations Committee, Membership Council, Professional Development Committee and LPRT Committee.