|What We're Reading|
And they’re off! This weekend kicks off the season’s biggest horse races, beginning with the Kentucky Derby on Saturday. Start placing your bets, ironing your seersucker suits and getting those big floppy hats ready for what is sure to be an eventful weekend. Don’t worry if horse racing isn’t your thing -- we have plenty of health-policy reads to keep your attention this weekend:|
- According to Administrator Seema Verma, CMS is working on improving care for individuals dually eligible for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Underlying causes of health issues tends to get lost in the discussion of healthcare, though improving health would decrease costs of healthcare.
- Marriage or healthcare? Some individuals living with disabilities need to make the decision of either getting or remaining married or staying legally single to get their healthcare covered by Medicaid.
- The Trump Administration filed an appellate brief in Texas v. United States, explaining its reasoning to strike down the ACA on the basis that the individual mandate is unconstitutional, thus the rest of the insurance reforms can’t work as intended, so they should fall.
- Even doctors have a difficult time navigating the healthcare system.
- Seeing a lot of news on presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg? Lis Smith is why.
- Why aren’t ambitious Democrats running for Senate? Many people who would be solid Senate candidate are deciding to either stay in the House of Representatives or run for president. This article explains some of their reasoning.
- Ever wonder how hospitals deal with containment of measles cases? Here is a case study from Lowell Massachusetts.
- Marcia, Marcia, Marcia--A "Brady Bunch" episode is being used in a campaign against measles vaccines--and Marcia is not happy about it.
- A nine-year-old girl was bit by a venomous snake at camp last July, forcing her to take an air ambulance to the hospital to get the antivenin, and recovered with only a deformed toe and a $142,938 medical bill to show for it. The antivenin cost more than five times the average list price.
- Five years later and Flint's water crisis is still ongoing.
- Suffering from allergies? Here is how to minimize the allergies in your home.
- If you have a few minutes to spare, this story about college students accidentally joining a cult is an incredibly interesting read.
| < Previous Article | |