APTA members have great communities and people supporting them. This year, the 2012 APTA Calendar highlights 14 outstanding systems. Featuring winning photos from the annual APTA Photo Invitational, the calendar highlights the benefits public transportation provides to the nation, communities, and individuals.
The following APTA member public transit systems appear in the 2012 calendar:
* Valley Metro, Phoenix, AZ;
* Montebello Bus Lines, Montebello, CA;
* Chicago Transit Authority, Chicago, IL;
* Community Transit, Snohomish County, WA;
* Denton County Transportation Authority, Lewisville, TX;
* Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Submitted by URS Corporation), Los Angeles, CA;
* Triangle Transit, Durham, NC;
* Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, San Jose, CA;
* Pierce Transit, Lakewood, WA;
* Virginia Railway Express, Alexandria, VA;
* Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Austin, TX;
* Portland Streetcar (submitted by United Street Car), Portland, OR;
* Transit Authority of River City, Louisville, KY; and
* Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, Washington, DC.
Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all those APTA members who participated in the contest.